The Brother E.C. Field's Senior library supports teachers and caters for students from Years 7 to 12. The central role of the library is to support the spiritual, academic and pastoral programmes of the College. Students are encouraged to become confident and competent in the use of a variety of resources and to develop skills for lifelong learning.
• YA fiction, graphic novels, picture books, quality literature, biography, popular magazines and fact books to support recreational reading and curriculum needs
• Non-fiction, reference and periodical collections to support the SEC curriculum
• eresources on the library webpage accessed via the School website quicklinks –i.e.subject databases, online encyclopaedias, subscribed website services, newspapers, periodicals, bibliography and referencing generators, links to subject resources and assignment pathfinders
• Games, puzzles and quizzes for recreational use
• Select resources to suit Australian Curriculum, SEC curriculum and literature interests of students
• Support teachers and classes in: resourcing for assignments; use of eresouces; teaching of information literacy and research skills, referencing, academic honesty and digital citizenship and promotion of literature and wide reading in English.
• Encourage the strengthening of a reading culture through engagement with students, book clubs and co-curricular activities around reading and writing
• Offer assistance and maintain spaces and an environment supportive of senior boys study needs and AST preparation
The physical library facilities include two teaching areas, two computer labs containing networked computers, a set of library laptops, printers, colour scanner and photocopier, comfortable reading areas, two seminar rooms as well as a large variety of audio-visual hardware resources and provision of educational video via Smart Library.
The physical library facilities include two teaching areas, two labs containing networked computers, printers, colour scanner and photocopier, comfortable reading areas, two seminar rooms as well as a large variety of audivisual resources.
|Monday - Thursday||Friday|
|8:15am - 11:00am||8:15am - 11:00am|
|11:15am - 1:00pm||11:15am - 1:00pm|
|1:00pm - 4:30pm||1:00pm - 4:00pm|
|Mrs Lisa Millar||Head of Library Services and Information Resources|
|Mrs Susan Phelan||Library Technician|
|Mrs Shirley Rayner||Audio-Visual Technician|