Teaching & Learning Support
Create challenge collaborate connect contemplate
The Teaching and Learning Support Faculty aims to support the teaching and learning programmes of the College by collaborating with teachers and students understanding that there are a diverse range of learning needs and ability levels within the College.
Our connection is by
- Identification and assessment of students with special and/or additional needs
- Identification and awareness of students for whom English is a second language
- A supportive and collaborative process that allows teachers to have an understanding of the learning needs of specific students within the classroom
- Working with teachers to support a creative program of adaptation where necessary
- Creating opportunities for students, in collaboration with teachers ,to complete extension work in areas of strength
- A programme of learning support for students with Aboriginality
- The assessment and introduction of special consideration for examinations and assessment tasks to ensure equity of access to the curriculum.
- A Learning Support Area where students are able to access assistance for the completion of assignments where the need has been identified by the teacher, the family or the student himself.
- Offering support to the student to increase planning, research and study skills.
- Reviewing best practice regarding the strategies used to engage the students in their own learning
At St Edmund’s College the focus is on inclusive schooling where all students regardless of their ability are able to access educational support and where students are challenged to reach their individual potential
Head of Teaching and learning Support Faculty
Mrs Leonie Owens.
Ph: (02) 6239 0626