The St Edmund's College Parents' Forum works in collaboration and co-operation with the College Leadership Team and School Board to support the students of the College. It provides a forum for parental involvement in the life of the College. Through a variety of activities the Parent's Forum seeks to:
1. Further the mission and outreach of the College as a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice tradition
2. Assist the College to provide a forum for parent education in the care of their sons
3. Provide support and care for other parents and families in the College community
4. Work in partnership with other SEC parent groups
5. Provide a forum in which other SEC parent groups report
6. Enable parents to be involved in the school community in enjoyable and rewarding ways
Parents' Forum Meetings
Parents' Forum meetings are held at 7pm on Monday evenings in the College's Staff room.
The proposed Parents’ Forum Guest Speakers for 2013:
- “Who Do You Call?” &
Online Research Resources and StudyWiz
- Music & the Arts at SEC Andrew Jones & Greg Stenning
- College Student Leaders – Captain, Academic Captain, Middle School Leader and SRC &
Pastoral Care at SEC Pat Doyle & Pat Langtry
- ICT Directions for St Edmund’s College Jason Sepetauc &
- English & Maths Curriculum / Scope & Sequence
- Languages Curriculum & Social Science Curriculum / Scope & Sequence at SEC
- Where we are and future directions for enhancing literacy and numeracy at SEC &
Teaching & Learning Support at SEC
- Vocational Education and Career Pathways at SEC
The Forum is a terrific conduit for keeping parents up-to-date with College activities and provides the opportunity for open discussion with College Leaders in a relaxed setting. The Parents’ Forum is a direct link for parents and guardians to plug into the strategic direction and challenges of the school. Please feel free to join us at our next gathering. Gatherings will be held at 7-8:30pm in the College’s Staff Room on the dates above.
Parents' Forum Leadership Team
To contact a member of the Parents' Forum Leadership Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karen Mahony John Timermanis
Pauline Downing Noel Rumble
New Parents gather for drinks and nibbles at a Forum hosted Welcome Evening - 18 Feb '11.
Electronic Information Distribution
If you would like to recieve an email regarding information relevant to the Parents' Forum, please click here.