Indian Immersion Experience
The Indian Immersion Experience is a two week long Immersion into the heart of India. Students and staff members who participate in the Immersion raise funds before they leave to donate to the charities they visit and volunteer at on their journey. The Immersion aims to:
- build meaningful relationships with individual people or communities by way of an extended period of visitation.
- return to the same community and signify a longer and evolving term of commitment.
- assist with the education of the poor or those on the margins in these communities.
- prepare our students to ‘speak for the poor’ throughout their lives.
- seek ways to more effectively use our resources at the College for social justice work in our own local community.